02 May 2014
Reporter: Tammy Facey

BNY Mellon buys remaining piece of HedgeMark

HedgeMark International will become a part of BNY Mellon’s asset servicing business, following the bank’s full acquisition of the service provider.

BNY Mellon has had a 35 percent stake in HedgeMark International since 2011. The bank has purchased the remaining 65 percent for an undisclosed sum, after agreeing a deal in February.

HedgeMark provides hedge fund managed accounts and risk analytic services. It will align with BNY Mellon’s global risk solutions and alternative investment services units.

Andrew Lapkin, CEO of HedgeMark, commented on the acquisition: "We look forward to becoming an even more integral part of BNY Mellon's investment services business.”

Samir Pandiri, BNY Mellon executive vice president and CEO of asset servicing, added: “HedgeMark's capabilities will help us deliver improved governance, risk reporting, and transparency to institutions with significant hedge fund investments."

More news
The latest news from Securities Lending Times
Join Our Newsletter

Sign up today and never
miss the latest news or an issue again

Subscribe now
J.P. Morgan and Citi collaborate on truePTS post-trade platform
15 December 2017 | New York | Reporter: Zsuzsa Szabo
The New-York-based startup processes ecosystem for the global $700 trillion derivatives market
SIFMA: US market requires improved CCP access
15 December 2017 | Washington DC | Reporter: Jenna Lomax
The Dodd-Frank Act has increased the need for US firms to have access to non US swaps trading venues and central counterparties, according to paper by FIA and SIFMA
France raises spectre of European financial transactions tax
15 December 2017 | Paris | Reporter: Jenna Lomax
French President Emmanuel Macron and several ministers have dismissed concerns over the negative effect of an EU financial transactions tax on securities lending revenue
Vekaria exits Credit Suisse
14 December 2017 | Dublin | Reporter: Zsuzsa Szabo
Head of Credit Suisse's Dublin branch Manish Vekaria has left the bank
Cerberus hires new managing director
14 December 2017 | New York | Reporter: Jenna Lomax
Kimmel was previously global head of prime services at Cantor Fitzgerald
SMEs to face new research costs under MIFID II
14 December 2017 | Frankfurt | Reporter: Zsuzsa Szabo
Research services for SMEs will no longer be free of charge when MiFID II comes into force on 3 January 2018
Hedge funds in sprint finish for record-breaking returns in 2017
14 December 2017 | London | Reporter: Drew Nicol
Hedge funds are on track for their best annual revenue since 2013 with average returns of 7.7 percent, according to eVestment research